Rates and Insurance
Rates & In-Network Insurances vary with each counselor. Refer to each counselors individual bio page for specific rate and insurance information
Payments are due at time of service. Credit, Debit, cash, and personal checks are accepted. HSA may be used if your specific HSA has approved counseling as a qualified medical expense.
Each counselor is individually networked/paneled with different insurance companies. Refer to each counselor’s individual bio page for list of in-network insurances.
Considerations before using your insurance benefits:
- A mental health diagnosis is required to use and bill insurance
- The diagnosis will be included in your medical record
- You may have to meet your deductible before your insurance will cover any part of the cost
- Your insurance company may put a cap on the number of sessions that they will reimburse
Questions to ask your insurance when using in-network benefits:
- What is the policy/coverage for an in-network provider?
- Is there a deductible?
- What is my co-payment or co-insurance?
- How many sessions are authorized per year?
- Do I need prior authorization?
Questions to ask your insurance when using out-of-network benefits:
- What is the policy/coverage for an out-of-network provider?
- Is there a deductible?
- What is the rate of reimbursement?
- Do I need prior-authorization?
- What is the process for reimbursement?
Out-of-network Insurance Reimbursement:
- Verify your benefits with your insurance prior to counseling
- Payment is due at time of service
- Receipt (a.k.a. Superbill or Statement for Insurance Reimbursement) is provided to you containing:
- Member name, address, phone number, and ID
- Primary insured name
- Provider name, address, phone number, tax ID, NPI, licensure
- Diagnosis code
- Date of service
- Service, CPT code, billed amount
- Insurance reimbursement
- Follow insurance process for reimbursement and personally submit receipt/superbill
- Consult with program like getbetter.co for support with out-of-network reimbursement
PRIVATE PAY BENEFITS
Electing to pay completely out of pocket allows you the most privacy and control of your treatment
- Your records remain free from any audit or compliance check
- Insurance is not informed of any mental health diagnosis or treatment
- You maintain the most flexibility and control in deciding your session frequency, longevity, content, and interventions.
- You maintain the greatest privacy about your life, work, marriage, kids, and mental health issues.
- Providers are able to protect your health information with the greatest degree of privacy