Rates and Insurance
Payments are due at time of service. Credit, Debit, cash, and personal checks are accepted. HSA may be used if your specific HSA has approved counseling as a qualified medical expense.
Each counselor is individually networked/paneled with different insurance companies. Refer to each counselor’s individual bio page for list of in-network insurances.
Considerations before using your insurance benefits:
- A mental health diagnosis is required to use and bill insurance
- The diagnosis will be included in your medical record
- You may have to meet your deductible before your insurance will cover any part of the cost
- Your insurance company may put a cap on the number of sessions that they will reimburse
Questions to ask your insurance when using in-network benefits:
- What is the policy/coverage for an in-network provider?
- Is there a deductible?
- What is my co-payment or co-insurance?
- How many sessions are authorized per year?
- Do I need prior authorization?
Questions to ask your insurance when using out-of-network benefits:
- What is the policy/coverage for an out-of-network provider?
- Is there a deductible?
- What is the rate of reimbursement?
- Do I need prior-authorization?
- What is the process for reimbursement?
Out-of-network Insurance Reimbursement:
- Verify your benefits with your insurance prior to counseling
- Payment is due at time of service
- Receipt (a.k.a. Superbill or Statement for Insurance Reimbursement) is provided to you containing:
- Member name, address, phone number, and ID
- Primary insured name
- Provider name, address, phone number, tax ID, NPI, licensure
- Diagnosis code
- Date of service
- Service, CPT code, billed amount
- Insurance reimbursement
- Follow insurance process for reimbursement and personally submit receipt/superbill
- Consult with program like getbetter.co for support with out-of-network reimbursement
PRIVATE PAY BENEFITS
Electing to pay completely out of pocket allows you the most privacy and control of your treatment
- Your records remain free from any audit or compliance check
- Insurance is not informed of any mental health diagnosis or treatment
- You maintain the most flexibility and control in deciding your session frequency, longevity, content, and interventions.
- You maintain the greatest privacy about your life, work, marriage, kids, and mental health issues.
- Providers are able to protect your health information with the greatest degree of privacy